The basic premise of Zone Therapy is this… your body is designed to heal!
A healthy, balanced body is designed to heal. So if you are having any health issues or symptoms, it just means that your body is out of balance in some way. These symptoms can be pain, digestive issues, fatigue, skin problems, thyroid imbalances, hormone irregularities, obesity, etc. Any symptom in the body, is just your body’s way of saying that it is out of balance.
Zone Therapy was first developed in 1931 by Dr. Thurman Fleet (1895-1983), an incredible chiropractic physician in Texas. The healing results that Dr. Fleet achieved with his patients using this technique were unparalleled and nothing less than miraculous for that time. Unfortunately, this therapy was not taught in the chiropractic schools, so the information, philosophy, and technique were not practiced and passed along to the newer generations of chiropractors.
In the early 1990’s, Dr. Peter Goldman, DC sought out and began studying alongside several of Dr. Fleet’s top students so he could learn the philosophy and techniqueof Zone Therapy. He has since mastered the philosophy, added to it, updated the adjustments based on more advanced chiropractic teachings, and has created his own more modern approach called the Zone Technique. He has just recently began teaching his Zone Technique to other health care providers so more people can benefit from its incredible healing effects.
How does it work?
There are 6 systems, or “Zones”, in the body that basically control everything that happens in the body. These Zones are the GLANDULAR, the ELIMINATIVE, the NERVOUS, the DIGESTIVE, the MUSCULAR, and the CIRCULATORY zones. For each of these 6 Zones in the body, there is a control center in the brain that monitors and controls that zone.When you are experiencing any symptom in your body, it can indicate that 1 or more of these systems/zones are out of balance, or that one or more of the control centers in the brain is out of balance and has lost its regulatory control.
The Zone Technique is an effective method to help reboot or balance all of the 6 systems/zones in the body and all of the 6 control centers in the brain, so your body can be in perfect balance and harmony…and do what it is designed to do…heal itself!
When you come in to the office for a Zone adjustment, I will touch 6 different points on the back of your head to determine which zone is the “primary zone” that needs to be “rebooted”. I will then stimulate the 4 very specific vertebral segments that correspond with that zone. When I stimulate these 4 segments on your back, it sends a message up to the corresponding control center in your brain to reboot & balance that control center.The balanced brain center(s) are then able to send out the proper signals to the body’s systems/zones and the body is better able to heal itself.
The Zone Technique is an effective way to support and allow your body to do what it is designed to do. Most patients feel totally balanced and relaxed after receiving this quick, easy, gentle rebooting adjustment. It is one of the most effective ways that we know of to achieve Perfect Health.
The Zones Explained
- strong immune function
- improved concentration and memory
- perfect sleep & relaxation
- normal appetite & digestion
- healthy skin, hair and nails
- normal energy, moods, and emotional balance
- normal reproductive function
- balanced hormones (adrenal, thyroid, sex/steroid hormones)
- improved elimination of toxins – lungs, liver, kidneys, colon, skin
- normal breathing & respiratory function
- powerful immune function and ability to fight infection
- proper, healthy bowel movements
- proper urinary function
- improved balance
- strong mental acuity, memory, focus
- normal appetite, digestion and elimination
- normal, restful sleep
- ability to relax and be energized when you want to
- normal function of your senses (i.e. eyes, ears, nose, etc.)
- balanced moods & emotional adaptation
- normal weight management
- proper, healthy bowel movements
- improved function of gallbladder, liver, kidneys, pancreas, stomach, etc.
- ideal digestion and assimilation of all foods
- balanced blood sugar levels
- normal, relaxed feeling in all limbs
- strong muscles, bones, ligaments, tendons and joints
- ability to freely move and do what you want, whenyou want
- healthy, pain free muscles and joints
- excellent joint motion, flexibility and tone
- improved balance and relaxation
- normal cardiovascular function and blood pressures
- improved lymphatic function (elimination of toxins and waste matter)
- normal functioning of heart and lungs
- enhanced blood flow to all organs and tissues
- normal functioning thyroid gland